openjdk-8 re-uploaded to unstable (currently in NEW)

The openjdk-8 packages which were unfortunately removed from unstable (although
the issue #915620 only asked for the removal of some binaries), are now again in
NEW, targeting unstable.  One of the FTP assistants is objecting to the upload
to unstable, apparently because somebody (security team, Moritz?) asked to
restore these packages in experimental instead of unstable.  Otoh, we still need
these packages in unstable to bootstrap kotlin (yes we can bootstrap in
experimental, but then it's not assured how to build kotlin for unstable with an
experimental build).

I honestly don't understand why FTP master would have such an objection, so
please clarify what prohibits the acceptance to unstable with an RC issue to not
propagate these packages to testing.

Matthias