Re: haveibeenpwned -> submit@bugs.debian.org and others

On Sat, Jan 06, 2018 at 05:10:10PM +0100, Davide Prina wrote:
> https://haveibeenpwned.com/
>
> that inform you if your credential have been compromised in data brench
> (only for public compromised data).
>
> I have try it with submit@bugs.debian.org and this account result
> compromised!! for: Email addresses, Passwords, Device usage tracking data,
> Names, Physical addresses

Thanks for your concern. However, I suspect it's misplaced in this case.
haveibeenpwned.com works largely by indexing and scanning public text
sharing sites like pastebin.com. Given the nature of
submit@bugs.debian.org, it's fully expected to show up in lots of
content on such sites.

> Have this address a password?
> Can this be a security issue? (If this is not know and the password was not
> changed)

submit@bugs.debian.org is not an email account with a password, so
there's no risk of password compromise.

> I have see that also other Debian mail result compromised:
> security@debian.org
> debian-security@lists.debian.org
> request@bugs.debian.org
> listmaster@lists.debian.org