Re: what do people think about having sandsifter in debian ?

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:50 AM, shirish शिरीष wrote:

> First of all thank you for the whole team for keeping Debian as secure
> as the people on the team do to keep Debian free from controversy ( at
> least from the security viewpoint) .

A few clarifications:

debian-security@lists.debian.org is not the contact address for the
Debian Security Team.

The Debian Security Team does not do packaging of security audit tools.

The Debian Security Tools Packaging Team is responsible for that:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/pkg-security
https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-tools/

> I just came upon sandsifter today. While I have done an RFP on it ,
> could people have a look at it.

RFPs are not sent anywhere useful by default, you should try to
X-Debbugs-CC the relevant teams if you want others to package
something, or just package it yourself.

--
bye,
pabs