Re: vulnerability in 8.6

Hello again,

I managed to re-install with the updated kernel image [linux-image].

Why I didn't receive the sought for updated kernel with 'sudo apt-get
update', remains unclear to me.

I've downloaded the .deb package from
'https://packages.debian.org/jessie/linux-image-3.16.0-4-amd64',
followed by dpkg -i <package name>.

The 'update-grub' command was automatically ran after this, and the
reboot showed nothing related, it all went well.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Richard

--
Richard Waterbeek <richardwbb@versatel.nl>