Handling of "malware" in Debian

Hi,

because of the WOT[*] incident, I wonder how Debian should handle
malware packages in favour of our users.

The current scheme is to remove the offending package from stable and
go along. With unattended-upgrades or other automatic upgrade schemes,
such packages would remain on many systems and potentially harm users.

I suggest to handle such cases differently by uploading a new, empty
package (like transitional packages, but without new depends).

What do you think?

Cheers

[*] https://bugs.debian.org/842939