Re: strange behaviour with konqueror

On 2016-02-22 22:23, Hans wrote:
> Dear security team,
>
> please excuse if I am too paranoid. I found a strange behavior with konqueror.
>

> If you do this:
>
> 1. Go to a website
> 2. from there go to a link which points to a youtube video.
> 3. start the video
> 4. Close konqueror by the cross in the upper right corner.
>
> You then will see, that the process "konqueror" is not killed, as it should.
> After a while you will see a lot of network traffic and a lot of connections to
> servers from cloudfront.net and some others.
>
> The traffic is https encrypted, so I cannot see, what is sent, but it is a lot
> (full upload bandwith).
>
> I do not believe, I have a malware, as I am very courious and only install
> packages from the debian repo.
>
> But of course, I maybe too paranoid...
>
> However, I think, you should know.

Dame happens to my jessy installation:
Open Konqueror, visit heise.de and I get full bandwidth traffic from
Amazon Cloud IPs. It does not go to the harddrive, and is a https thread
from the KDE system.
Something is buggy, a flash ad or something like that.
If I kill Konqueror, the traffic stops.
(oh, traffic is https traffic, looks like some ads which are loaded and
loaded over and over again)

> Best regards
>
> Hans

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723