Re: Security support incomplete?

On 2016-02-02 16:14, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
On mar., 2016-02-02 at 17:37 +0200, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
Can anyone please clarify? In particular, I would like to know what the
exact policies regarding coverage of security support are, and what
issues have not been fixed intentionally in oldstable (and maybe even
stable).

Everything is in the tracker.

Regards,

Hi,

Even the tracker has its issues.

Looking at the DSA in the announcement
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/DSA-3455-1
"Debian/oldstable	not known to be vulnerable."
but looking at the matching CVE
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2016-0755
"Debian/oldstable	package curl is vulnerable."

Pointing me to the tracker just brought me the unpleasant news that I was already vulnerable to the older
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2015-3153
"Debian/oldstable	package curl is vulnerable."
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/DSA-3240-1
"Debian/oldstable	not known to be vulnerable."

Thanks for the work, anyway.

Pedro.