Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 3672-1] irssi security update

Hi Martin,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 10:45:14PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org> [2016-09-21 22:40 +0200]:
> > No, the mailing announcements and the Debian Security Tracker are the canonical
> > source of information. The entries on the website are added subsequently by
> > the Debian WWW team.
>
> You are listing https://www.debian.org/security/ in the
> announcement, not the security tracker though. This is also not
> addressed in the FAQ. Hence maybe it'd make sense to add a note to
> the announcement?

Do you have a wording suggestion for a FAQ entry to document this? The
website get generated only few times a day, so this was always the
case so far. I expect people to be subscribed to d-s-a for the
security-advisories. The webpage gives as the paragraph states --
web-access to older DSAs, FAQ, and other information. This is the
reason for that paragraph beeing there, not for beeing the canonical
source for advisories.

Does this helps? If you have a suggested wording for a FAQ entry,
would be appreciated, and we could add it.

Regards,
Salvatore