Re: flashplugin-nonfree and latest Flash security updates

Hi there

On 03/08/16 11:55, Paul Wise wrote:

<Cut>

I'm not part of the team,

Me neither.

but I do know that contrib and non-free are
not supported by the Debian security team, so they are unlikely to
make any fixes nor announcements.

https://www.debian.org/security/faq#contrib

You can download the plugin manually. For i396 it's;
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.429/install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz

Replace '11.2.202.429' with the version you want. And maybe 'http' with 'https'.

I'd encourage everyone reading this list to use this opportunity
transition away from using the Adobe Flash player. Most of the web
should support standard HTML5 by now, various folks have been pushing
to get rid of Flash for a long time.

I don't have Flash on my new Jessie box. I don't miss it.

Regards,
Rob