Re: Cannot retrieve updates from security repos

Hello Salvatore,

I don't want to complain for not been notified in advance (if this was a scheduled task), yet please be so kind and let us know when this ongoing process is finished and we can proceed with our normal update tasks.

Regards,
Pavlos

Pavlos K. Ponos

Account Manager at nlg GmbH
PhD Candidate at University of Macedonia

View
              Pavlos K. Ponos's profile on LinkedIn

My blog: https://howtothelinuxway.wordpress.com/

Don't send me documents in the following formats: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx
Instead, try and use Open Document formats: https://www.libreoffice.org
Save your money & use a Linux distro: http://distrowatch.com/
one :)

While I was trying to do my usual updates in my Jessie installation, I took
the following message:

Err http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates/main linux-libc-dev amd64
3.16.7-ckt20-1+deb8u1
  404  Not Found [IP: 133.242.99.74 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/pool/updates/main/l/linux/linux-libc-dev_3.16.7-ckt20-1+deb8u1_amd64.deb
404  Not Found [IP: 133.242.99.74 80]

Do you have any idea what is this or how should I fix? Is this a problem
with the security repositories? I tried several times, outcome was the same.
There is an ongoing process to issue a DSA for linux indeed.

But there is a problem with the security mirrors right now.

Regards,
Salvatore