Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 3389-1] elasticsearch end-of-life

 ❦  2 novembre 2015 20:00 +0100, Moritz Mühlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org> :

>> There are many tradeoffs recently with projects that do not want to
>> provide a sensible security track for stable releases:
>>
>>  - always package the latest release (Chromium)
>
> For chromium and iceweasel the vast amount of security issues doesn't leave
> much other options.
>
> elasticsearch isn't that category, they simply have chosen to be secretive
> from now on and I don't see why we should cater to uncooperative upstreams
> with special handling.

So, it's a bit like MySQL and VirtualBox, isn't it? Except they don't
provide any stable branch.

Note that I understand the decision (and I support it). I was just
curious about the direction for the project.
--
The secret source of humor is not joy but sorrow; there is no humor in Heaven.
		-- Mark Twain