Re: Manually Archived keyrings can be installed - what about automatic?

Hi,

Le samedi 13 juin 2015 à 12:46, Rajib Bandopadhyay a écrit :
> Then what does this following line do in /etc/apt/sources.list :
> deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free ?
>
> According to https://www.debian.org/security/   this line to use apt
> to easily get the latest security updates.

Yes, that's true. This line will make security fixes available to your system.

> According to the above line, we need not use the line:
> deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free
> for lenny since it is already archived and therefore, does not receive
> any more security updates?

That's true as well. Such an old version doesn't receive security fixes anymore.

> Hence, for archived Lenny, should I remove the line:
> deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free
> from /etc/apt/sources.list ?

Yes, it's useless. Only stable and oldstable (during something like one year)
branches have a dedicated security repository.

Sébastien