Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 3148-1] chromium-browser end of life

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 5. Februar 2015, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Iceweasel support for oldstable stopped at 24 Mar 2009:
> Icedove support for oldstable stopped at 12 Jul 2009:
> Icedove security support for oldstable stopped at 09 Mar 2011:
> The security support of Iceweasel for oldstable stopped at 26 Jun 2013:
> Limited security updates for Icedove for oldstable on 29 Aug 2013:
> No updates for oldstable anymore on 22 Apr 2014:

and then finally, sometime later in 2014, security support for oldstable was
finally introduced for the first time.

I think you have (had?) wrong expectations.

> This is always a problem for me, because
> I have customers with complex desktop systems.

Maybe you should contribute to oldstable then, if that is what your customers
are using.

Or just use one of the suggested alternatives in this thread. VMs were not
mentioned explicitly, but thats also an option.

cheers,
	Holger