Re: Efficient way to keep track of security updates

On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 00:22 -0600, Marco Galicia wrote:

> Does using something like the Grsecurity kernel helps prevent these
> type of vulnerabilities?

grsec can mitigate weaknesses in other software but it does not prevent
those vulnerabilities from existing, it can just change the effects of
being attacked through those vulnerabilities.

> In Ghost case, a Grsecurity kernel would help?

I haven't seen any analysis of that but as it is supposed to help with
memory corruption-based exploits it should help here.

> doesn't apticron does the same job as your script?

Yes.

PS: No need to CC folks who are clearly subscribed to the list.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise