Re: concrete steps for improving apt downloading security and privacy

On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 11:56:43PM -0400, Darius Jahandarie wrote:
Someone who is unwilling to click past the first link /now/ may become
very willing to continue clicking once they read it.

"Debian will not protect you against nation-state adversaries" is a
very useful bit of information for many non-technical activists, which
often leads to the questions:
 * "Why?" (what powers can they use to subvert existing protections?)
 * "What /does/ protect you?" (what new protections need I put in
    place such that those powers cannot subvert them?)
It would be lovely to have the answers nearby.

Feel free to start writing. I challenge you to point to any OS with a simple, useful, and reliable guide to protect against a determined and well funded adversary.
Mike Stone