Re: Four people decided the fate of debian with systemd. Bad faith likely

Hi Jack

I read your response below, and found it very informative. As I responded to the original posting, anger is not going to get the message through.

I am far from a Linux expert, I am an end-user, a programmer in C.  You brought up some important considerations...   Sys V has its shortcomings,  System D has its own shortcomings, and the question to answer is the following.  "In the long run, is the status quo better than migration to System D?"

I learned from your experience and comparison.  You do put doubt into whether System D is the right choice.

I have Debian as a desktop machine, and also Fedora20.  If the following was not done, then for 15gigs of diskspace, and some small effort, individuals could install and learn about system D hands-on and  draw their conclusions.  I am not knowledgeable about a distribution using Open RC.

If it is not too late, perhaps a comparison matrix with three columns could be developed.
SYS V,  System D and Open RC, with the rows being the criteria, Let the column with the higher total choose the outcome.

Debian developers could wait a month and receive the feedback results.

I would like to make one personal life experience.  I worked on a similar controversial topics with ERP systems. A similar decision was taken, to go with the change. When all was done and time elapsed, the new software was tweaked, and became well documented, and better understood, (and liked).

 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein
SENT FROM MY OPEN SOURCE LINUX SYSTEM.