Re: Archive GPG key expiring process

Hi,

That is not correct. Missing key does not disable installation feature of package manager.

1. You can import key manually. Like this:

sudo apt-key adv –keyserver subkeys.pgp.net –recv-keys XXXXXX

2. Even with non-imported key apt-get/aptitude will allow you to install software (including debian-keyring), though it will ask extra question if you trust this repository without key in your system like this:

Requires installation of untrusted packages
The action would require the installation of packages from unauthenticated sources.

Or even you can avoid such mesage with --allow-unauthenticated option.

--
wbr,
rush.