Re: Debians security features: Which are active?

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 7:38 PM, herzogbrigitte1@t-online.de
<herzogbrigitte1@t-online.de> wrote:
> Thank you for all your replies.
> I understand that the user is important for security, but it's a difference whether you start from scratch or you can work with somethink prebuilt. So, could you tell me, which of the following securit features are enabled in Debian by default and which I have to activate manually:

Just curious, but did you click on any of these (or scroll down the page)?

For Debian, you can find a lot of your answers here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Hardening

You will note that a lot of these features are currently enabled by
default via the use of current gcc. That is, many of these things were
pioneered by various OSses, including Debian, then adopted into the
gcc compiler tools, and then tested again as the OSses brought the new
versions of gcc in.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.