Re: debcheckroot v1.0 released

Great! I do really believe that Debian and other distros are currently lacking such a tool.
Have you also thought about retrieving checksums from package headers?
That is at least my approach because storing checksums spearately is a tedious task which the casual user is not likely up to take. My vision would be to just take any system from which you do not have rescued checksums in advance and check it for integrity and consistency with the package datababase.
My choice was to implement it as a shell script (perl) so that it can be invoked from the rescue console of your installation medium i.e. from a clean system where you do not have a gcc or sth. else.

Best Regards,
Elmar