Re: About adding security.debian.org ipv6 to iptables, which range should we add?

Hello,

This one time, at band camp, Stefan Eriksson said:
> Hi now and again we get a timeout when looking up
> security.debian.org while running apt-get update. We have traced it
> to the ipv6's we get. It seems like they change (and as ipv6 have
> prio over ipv4 we are affected) Which ipv6 range should we open for
> in iptables to have full access to security.debian.org over ipv6?
> (also ipv4 would be great but this doesnt seem to change .) we'd
> like to have the ip ranges so we can open for these, so we dont have
> to re lookup the domain/running the same rule again.
>
> a dig today gives three pointers and a few days ago we had a
> different result

security.debian.org is a set of mirrors, but what answer you get
depends on where in the world you appear to be coming from, and
maintenance periods and so on.

You can look here: http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi for all the
machines with a 'purpose' field set to 'security.debian.org mirror', and
hope that you can keep up to date, or you can use a web proxy for
outbound access.

Cheersm