Re: iptable mac address not showing in log

On Mon, 2013-02-18 at 21:56 -0800, sectech wrote:
> Hi, I need the mac address of the originating request of out going packets.
> Im not sure if im missing something or maybe debian squeeze does not have
> this functionality?

If you really do want the outgoing MAC address, then I suspect it's not
possible, as at the point of logging iptables probably doesn't know what
the output MAC address is going to be. I suspect if you changed your
rule to INPUT then it would work.

Is there a particular reason why you are posting this to the
debian-security list? The netfilter users mailing list would be a better
place to ask.