Re: flashplugin-nonfree get-upstream-version.pl security concern

On 12/12/2012 23:26, Michael Gilbert wrote:
Ultimately, for anyone even modestly
security-conscious adobe flash should really be avoided at all costs.

+1

I'm not an expert, but I think that packages like this must first ask the users list on which you want this plugin installed and than execute scripts only for those users as user not root with, for example, su -c USER1 "script.sh" ... (downloading the file [with ugo+r] in /tmp/RANDOMDIR [with ugo+x] only once).

Also I think that these packages must alert the user that they will download somethings from a website and ask for a confirmation to continue (I don't know if it is already implemented).

Ciao
Davide

--
Dizionari: http://linguistico.sourceforge.net/wiki
Fate una prova di guida ... e tenetevi la macchina!: