Re: About default init umask , and kernel umask, cron umask

On many Unix systems, the default umask is 022.  This would be set
explicitly by init or not at all (000).  If your writing an init
replacement, make sure to set umask then later you can read a config
file and set the umask to the user configured value.

See:
http://www.juniper.net/security/auto/vulnerabilities/vuln3031.html