Re: idea: switch default MTA from exim4 to postfix (wheezy+1)

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 05:35:57PM +0100, Milan P. Stanic wrote:
 > On Thu, 2012-11-01 at 12:03, Axel Caspard wrote:
 > > I am curious to know why you would like to see bind replaced with dbndns?
 >
 > The same as for exim: security records.

The first thing I do on a Debian installation is rip out exim and
install postfix.  nullmailer is also good for mini-servers for
forwarding log reports.  I've never tried ssmtp.

As for bind I prefer nsd for authoritative dns and unbound for
recursive.  Very small and secure, and unlike dbndns it is still
supported and updated with new features.

--

  Frank Ball  frankb@efball.com