audit lzip?

Hi all,

[Please CC me in reply]

I would like to start using lzip on a debian.org machine (stabile.d.o)
and it will be decompressing semi-untrusted input so I want to be sure
this will not result in security issues for Debian. I don't have the
required experience to audit the code so I'm wondering if anyone on the
Debian security team or mailing list would have the time and experience
to do so. I plan on using the squeeze version of lzip for this.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise