Re: sun-java6-plugin outdated and vulnerable to an actively exploited security issue

* Jason Fergus:

> Is it plausible to get openjdk7 backported to squeeze as a security
> measure in this regard?  It sure seems to be more closely based to what
> oracle is now putting out.  Well there are some programs that apparently
> refuse to work with Java7 altogether, but I'd say that's the programmers
> fault.

A lot of the breakage people see with IcedTea6 is programmers' fault
as well.  And Oracle doesn't even share the plug-in code, so switching
to IcedTea7 won't help.  A more recent version of IcedTea6 might help,
though.