Re: sun-java6-plugin outdated and vulnerable to an actively exploited security issue

On 08/16/12 18:10, echo083 wrote:

Use make-jpkg since openjdk still need some more years to grow:
http://wiki.debian.org/JavaPackage

I have no problem with :
apt-get install java-package

But when executing one of this command with the archives I retrieved on the oracle website  :
make-jpkg jre-7u6-linux-i586.tar.gz
make-jpkg jdk-7u6-linux-i586.tar.gz
make-jpkg jre-6u34-linux-i586.bin
make-jpkg jdk-6u34-linux-i586.bin

I have tons of messages like this :
dpkg-shlibdeps : warning: Can't extract name and version from library name ...

And finally the process always stop with this error :
Undefined subroutine &main::get_buildoption called at /usr/bin/dh_builddeb line 69.

Any idea of what I am missing ?

Adam

This morning "make-jpkg jre-6u34-linux-i586.bin" worked for me. Yes I saw a lot of warnings but after that everything was OK. I even tested the end result with "javaws asdm.jnlp" and Cisco ASDM was working nicely.