Hash algorithms used by APT to verify authenticity of installed files.

Hi

Release files contain MD5, SHA1, and SHA256

hashes. Same with Packages, Packages.gz and

Packages.bz2.

I would like to know what hash algo is used by APT

to verify authenticity of downloaded files when

issuing "aptitude update" or "apt-get update" and

when instaling packages and security fixes.

Does it fallback to weaker algorithm, if the hash

made with stronger one is not avaible? Is there a

way to force APT to use only selected algorithms

so APT only accepts files verified by choosen

algorithms, and  rejects files when required

hashes are unavaible?

Could you point me to specific portions of

documentation that covers this issue? Man pages of

apt and apt-secure , dont mention it (at least in

case of lenny), and I didnt have luck in finding

the answer in other places.

Thanks in advance for help.

Zaloguj się i zagraj w najlepsze gry!
Sprawdz >> http://linkint.pl/f2988