Re: Create Logical Volumes within an encrypted VG

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 11:53:48AM -0300, Rafael Moraes wrote:
> *#pvdisplay*
>  --- Physical volume ---
>  PV Name               /dev/dm-0
>  VG Name               vg01
>  PV Size               148.79 GiB / not usable 1.29 MiB

This:

>  Allocatable           NO

is your problem: allocation of physical extents on /dev/dm-0 is turned
off. You can turn it on again with 'pvchange -x y /dev/dm-0', although
you might want to find out why allocation has been turned off. I'm not
familiar with what, if any, conditions cause it to be turned of
automatically.

(This question is probably off-topic for debian-security.)

> As I said in the subject, my LVM is encrypted...therefore I unlocked the
> disk and tried again:

I believe it should already be unlocked, as otherwise you wouldn't be
able to see any of its contents. That said, I think that the encryption
is probably not related to your problem.

--
William Aoki     KD7YAF    waoki@umnh.utah.edu    1-6927