Re: Bind security announce

On 12/30/2010 01:40 PM, Account for Debian group mail wrote:

> Are you saying that dselect is no longer usefull on doing security
> upgrades? I've been using dselect for over 15 years doing just that. The
> only time I've used aptitude is for doing major version upgrades. If there
> is a problem with dselect let's get it fixed or remove it from use.

No, I am simply saying that aptitude simply solves better the dependencies
than dselect [1], so, if you have problems because dselect is choosing a
solution that you don't like when solving package dependencies then give a
try to aptitude.

[1]
I was attacked by dselect as a small child and have since avoided debian. –
Andrew Morton  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dselect
http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-uptodate.en.html