Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 2134-1] Upcoming changes in advisory format

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 12:18:04 +0100
Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org> wrote:

> On 2010-12-19, Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@freegeek.org> wrote:
>
> > will new advisories be in a machine parseable format?
> [...]
>
> We're open for input here. Everyone is invited to send a list of needed
> features to team@security.debian.org.

FWIW, Debian's advisories are reasonably machine-parseable now - quite a
bit better than certain other distributions.  I hope mainly that things
won't get worse.  What would be nice is if the new format could be
publicly posted a few days before you actually start using it.  That would
give us time to fix our scripts and point out anything that makes life
harder.

Thanks,

jon

Jonathan Corbet / LWN.net / corbet@lwn.net