Re: Heads-up: EXIM remote root exploit published

  JP Viljoen writes

> I have no idea why this matters. I was highlighting the fact that the fix
> was available, nothing more.

  Yeah, and it's good to have a heads up, esp if you are running
  about 15 machines with exim in your spare time, like lucky me.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2010/msg00181.html

  notes

| For the testing distribution (squeeze) and the unstable distribution
| (sid), this problem has been fixed in version 4.70-1.

  but here

root@wotan:~# aptitude show exim4 | grep ^Version
Version: 4.72-2

  so nothing to do or did they get the version number wrong in the
  DSA?

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                http://authorclaim.org/profile/pkr1