Re: CVE-2009-3555 not addressed in OpenSSL

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 12:26:31AM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 02:13:37PM -0700, Kyle Bader wrote:
> > > Debian, being a volunteer organization, has it's upsides and
> > > downsides.  The downside here being without an active volunteer
> > > interested in this problem, nothing has happened.
> > >
> > > What is needed here is someone to step up to the plate: file some bugs;
> > > try to find the patches; backport and test them; etc.  Bottom line,
> > > a little work and communication with maintainers of the affected
> > > packages would go a long way toward resolving this.
> >
> > That was my initial goal in initiating this conversation.  I provided
> > a link to the patches already:
> >
> > http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/jaunty/openssl/jaunty-proposed/revision/34
>
> I seem to have missed that part in your original mail, and was not
> aware of anybody that tried to backport the changes.

So I've prepared a package based on the ubuntu patch.  I also went
over every commit between the 0.9.8l and 0.9.8m release and am
reasonly confident this patch should work properly.

The current package is available at:
http://people.debian.org/~kroeckx/openssl/rfc5746/

I would welcome people testing it.  Note that it might still
change based on feedback from people.

Kurt