Re: non-executable stack (via PT_GNU_STACK) not being enforced

On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 11:35 +0100, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> What's ubiquity?

Read the follow up email where I corrected mistake please...

> Enable what? Last time I checked, a given kernel image either user PAE
> or not, there was no flag to control it.

You read to much into the subjective usage of "enable", enable could
mean many things, including enabling an entirely different kernel...

Last I checked there were ways of carrying multiple Kernels and enabling
them on need-be basis (I guess I need to clarify here that enabling them
implies a /single/ kernel at a time,) unless the entire world has gone
topsy turvy.

if PAE exists -> PAE Kernel
if ! PAE -> Non-PAE Kernel

There are other ideas, but those other ideas would add significantly to
management time and they're just not too viable for Debian to implement
on a default level.  I guess there is one where you could have the
installer /ask/ the user if they want to enable PAE and list the
pros /and or/ cons.