Re: [SECURITY] [DSA-2115-2] New moodle packages fix several vulnerabilities

On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 11:15 -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> I highly doubt that there is anything malicious going on here, and there
> is always the "Debian does not hide problems" mantra.  The simplest,
> and most-likely explanation is that it was easier to update to the new
> upstream, rather than attempt to backport fixes for 11 separate issues.

Why assume somebody meant something malicious? I implied, that perhaps
there were smaller security upgrades which would have justified a
version jump... Really guy.

The serious problem with you assuming I implied that something malicious
is going on is the fact that we can pull the source that he uploaded to
Debian directly from Debian and view it.