Re: Upcoming lenny point release

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Julien Reveret <shaddai@c0a8.org> wrote:

>> Just give rights to opers to write in the includes dir and put a file
>> called  '"/home/matt/ubuntized.sh.conf spaced_filename.conf"
>>
>> You know...  "$i"... but that is not the issue in the post... is just
>> an example.
>>

> Have you ever tried to create a file containing slashes in its name ?
> I guess not.

good point, no.

> Moreover, you didn't notice that the /etc/profile.d directory was owned by
> root as someone already explained.

Yesterday I was pointed to stop "making noise" in lists.

In the blog comments, you will find off list a more extended
explanation of what I was talking about: "quoting issues" != "security
issues".

If every people is centering my discussion in a UNQUOTED VARIABLE for
manage strings containing FILE NAMES, and continue a stupid discussion
on something i am NOT TALKING ABOUT, in a list that was CC in announce
message.... is up to me.

Greetings