Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1981-1] New maildrop packages fix privilege escalation

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 02:27:38 pm Konstantin Filtschew wrote:
> The behavior of the etch package changed too. Do not install the package
> on production system yet.
>

> The limit in /etc/postfix/main.cf stopped working:
> maildrop_destination_recipient_limit= 1
>
> Almost all E-Mails are rejected and sender get errors like this:
>
> <user@doamin.com>: user unknown. Command output: ERR: authdaemon:
>     s_connect() failed: Permission denied Invalid user specified.
>
> I've tried to change the permission for common files, but this won't fix
> the problem. Something is wrong with the behavior to the previous
> version.
I can't really see the problem so far, are you sure that downgrading to
2.0.2-11 fixes the issue? To downgrade just use:
'apt-get install --reinstall maildrop=2.0.2-11'

I've checked the differences between the version again and there aren't any
build-time breakages. As already suggested via private mail, please feel free
to ping me on IRC or answer in private for debugging.

Cheers
Steffen