CVE-2009-3555 not addressed in OpenSSL

Hello Deb-sec!

I'd like to bring to the attention of the developers and the Debian
community that CVE-2009-3555 has not been completely addressed in
Debian/stable as we are meant to believe here:

http://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2009-3555

The apache & nginx fixes paper over the issue without addressing the
underlying problem, a protocol vulnerability in the openssl library.
In my opinion the openssl package should be marked with a security
tag, as it is for Ubuntu and Debian bug #555829 should be re-opened.

Debian package:
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/openssl

Ubuntu package:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/openssl

Debian Bug Report:

After verification from upstream this patch series looks like the
proper way to address the protocol vulnerability:

Ubuntu proposed fix:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/jaunty/openssl/jaunty-proposed/revision/34

To demonstrate this issue you can goto my example site, Debian/stable
(lenny), openssl (0.9.8g-15+lenny8) custom apache (2.2.16):

https://debian-lenny.badercom.net

With a recent Firefox build you will notice this in the error console:

"debian-lenny.badercom.net : server does not support RFC 5746, see
CVE-2009-3555"

Example site where protocol vulnerability is addressed, Debian/testing
(squeeze), openssl (0.9.8o-2) custom apache (2.2.16):

https://debian-squeeze.badercom.net

Thanks,
--

Kyle Bader