Re: fixing CVE-2010-0395 for testing

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 03:22:36PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> Would it be possible to upload a minimal version only carrying the security
> patch to testing-security?

Possible, yes. I'd like to avoid that, though if possible.
It would need a rebuild, whereas I can upload -11 as-is already
(and it fixes some other important stuff, too, as you see in the changelog.
No XML signing support *only* on kfreebsd-i386 is, umm, bad. Same as dependency
differences because of the bashisms...)

> Otherwise I'd propose to upload your -11 version to t-p-u.

OK. Let's wait for the release team for their opinion.

> Btw the testing-security team has an embargoed queue as well, so next time it
> should also work to upload a fixed version prior to disclosure if the
> migration is a common show stopper for this package.

If I knew in advance that gcc-defaults would block again - yes, I could have done
that. But well, I noticed that stopper only 1 day before the disclosure, see the
reporting date/trime of #584545.

And it normally would not have been a blocker if someone didn't decide they need
to bump libgc-bcs .shlibs again...

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70