Re: jedit_4.3.1+dfsg-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

[ CC-ing d-security could give more feedbacks ]

Hello,
a little summary:
I'm packaging jedit which uses a modified version of bsh (already in
Debian and team maintained). Building jedit against current Debian bsh
is not possible and uploading a new Debian bsh with jedit changes is not
a good idea because changes are only needed by jedit.

I looked for Debian binary packages which contain sources and I found
the following ones (maybe other exist)

mush-src	(non-free, AFAIU binary redistribution not permitted)
qmail-src	(non-free, AFAIU binary redistribution not permitted)
maxima-src
erlang-src
openjdk-6-source
sun-java6-source

For example openjdk-6-source: source code is in both orig tarball and
openjdk-6-source binary package. This is a duplication, isn't it?

Regarding jedit, what about adding the creation of bsh-src binary
package, adding bsh-src to jedit's Build-Depends and applying jedit
patch at build time?

To take a look to the current jedit package which includes Debian bsh
tarball and applies jedit patch:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/j/jedit/jedit_4.3.1+dfsg-1.dsc

Thread on d-java: <4B858F27.9030108@gmail.com>

Thanks for your attention.