Re: [Openvas-distro-deb] Nessus to be removed from Debian, please switch to OpenVAS

2009/8/3 Simon Ward <simon@bleah.co.uk>:
> I wasn’t meaning to put pressure on a single person.  Sure, if there is
> enough demand, someone else, maybe me (although unlikely) could pick up
> package maintenance.  I was merely expressing my opinion that there is
> still a need for Nessus 2 for a little while longer.

Just to clarify: Nessus 2 (actually 2.2.10) will still be available in
Debian 5.0 (lenny). So user's in need of Nessus can use the current
stable release.

I have asked for its removal in the *unstable* release. If removed, it
would not be included in the next Debian stable release (which might
not come for more or less year) nor in Debian's 'testing' branch.

Regards

Javier