Re: HEAD's UP: possible 0day SSH exploit in the wild

Peter Jordan <usernetwork@gmx.info> writes:

> hmmm, although i have set supported enctypes
> 	supported_enctypes = aes256-cts:normal
> and restarted kdc nothing seens to have changed.
>
> After calling "kinit" klist -5e show me:
> Etype (skey, tkt): Triple DES cbc mode with HMAC/sha1, Triple DES cbc
> mode with HMAC/sha1

It sounds like removing something from supported_enctypes in the KDC may
not turn things off to quite the degree that I thought it would and if
only old keys are available, old keys are still used.

You'll need to change your krbtgt key in order to get newer enctypes for
your ticket-granting tickets.  You'll want to use -keepold unless you
can afford a flag day that invalidates all existing ticket caches.