GCC code duplication in gcc-mingw32

Hi,

The FTP team has decided that gcc-mingw32 (ITP #529183) must not be
built by build-depending on gcc-4.4-source and dynamically using the
tarball provided by that package, because current archive infrastructure
cannot garantee that corresponding source for gcc-mingw32 binaries will
always be available (which is a GPL requirement).

As a "least bad" alternative, gcc-mingw32 will include a copy of gcc 4.4
sources in its own .orig.tar.gz.

Mark Hymers asked me to notify both -release and -security, so that you're
aware gcc code will be duplicated in this way.

I expect this problem can be resolved in a better way in the future when
DAK has better support for handling this kind of situation.

--
Robert Millan