Re: How safely to stop using backports repo?

In <[🔎] 4A202553.4030801@trebs.net>, Guntram Trebs wrote:
> - call aptitude and look up, if you have a section named "Obsolete and
>Locally Created Packages". Normaly this section should not be visible as
>its empty
> -  remove (better comment out) the backports-line in
> /etc/apt/sources.list - now do an update in aptitude and look, what's new
> in the section "Obsolete and Locally Created Packages". For every such
> package try to downgrade to a version from your remaining apt-sources.

Last I checked, "Obsolete and Locally Created Packages" only contains
packages with NO available versions.  So, this will catch packages that are
not in stable that were backported, but it wouldn't catch packages that are
in stable but have a newer version in backports.