Re: Logs on Debian in Apache2

OLCESE, Marcelo Oscar escribió:
> Estimados, tengo un Debian  4.0 y en él corriendo un Apache2.
> Por otro lado tengo una PC que chequea que el Apache este levantado y
> funcionando.
> El 90% de los registros del Log del Apache es de la IP de la PC que la
> chequea. Hay alguna forma de evitar que registre los log de este equipo?
> Se me hace muy tedioso leer los LOG todas las semanas, inclusive
> bajaría mucho el tamaño de los mismos.
>
> Muchas gracias,
> Marcelo Olcese.-
> (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Please note this list is not the most accurate to deal with this topic.
debian-users-spanish would be more appropriate in the future ;-)

Apache is highly configurable in what respects to logging, you might be
looking for this mod_env. This is an example that should go to the vhost
you're dealing with:**

SetEnvIf Remote_Addr ^X\.X\.X\.X         !real-clients
CustomLog           /path/to/your/directory/access.log  combined
env=real-clients

The X\.X\.X\.X is the IP of the other PC that is checking up your server
(don't forget the "\") and 'combined' is one of the default logging
formats rules (LogFormat).

Hope it helps.
Greetings,

Dererk

--
vlady <at> Melee: ~$ grep -ir 'power in your hands' /proc/
/proc/version: Debian GNUine Perception

BOFH excuse #356: the daemons! the daemons! the terrible daemons!.