Re: Securing my PC at a Wireless Hotspot?

Bernd Eckenfels skrev:
> In article <[🔎] fe374f8d0902081747v4a99deadva1898142dac1d9db@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>
>> Use a VPN or an SSH tunnel to a trusted source.
>>

> A very neat trick is using dynamic port forwarding of SSH (-D 1080). You only need to
> login to any SSH Server and enable the auto forwarding. Then you can enter
> the SSH client as a SOCKS proxy server and you are done (for surfing).
>
> Gruss
> Bernd

You could use the -w option in newer ssh server versions to tunnel
through virtual tun devices =)

ssh -w 0:1 bob@example.com

0 is tun0 @ localhost
1 is tun1 @ example.com

and enable ip forwarding on th remote host

-- snip from ssh manpage --

     -w local_tun[:remote_tun]
             Requests tunnel device forwarding with the specified tun(4) devices
             between the client (local_tun) and the server (remote_tun).

             The devices may be specified by numerical ID or the keyword “any”,
             which uses the next available tunnel device.  If remote_tun is not
             specified, it defaults to “any”.  See also the Tunnel and TunnelDevice
             directives in ssh_config(5).  If the Tunnel directive is unset, it is
             set to the default tunnel mode, which is “point-to-point”.

/yosh
(sorry for the lack of precision, I r tired)