Re: /dev/shm/r?

Although it's worse if an attacker has root, don't think that just because
the attacker doesn't have root, it's no big deal.  If an attacker can run
(even as an ordinary user) unauthorized software on your machine, then
your machine may be part of a botnet.  And having unauthorized user access
to a machine leaves the door open for trojan horse type programs which may
give the user root access.  Finally, depending on the user account which
is compromised, the attacker may already have access to sensitive data.

Don't obsess on root access.  Any unauthorized use is a problem.

     --- Wade