Re: PGP key to use to contact the Security Team

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 03:50:48PM +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 07:32:47AM -0500, Simon Valiquette wrote:
> >   So here are my questions:
> >
> > 1. Do both keys are still valid?
> >
> > 2. If the key F2E861A3 is legitimate (which I think it is because
> > I have a trust path to it), wouldn't it makes sense to sign it with
> > the old key as well? Or alternatively by 3 members of the security
> > team instead of just one?
> >
> > 3. The key F2E861A3 claims to have been created on 2007-07-29 and is
> > set to expire on 2009-02-18.  So could someone clarify what will
> > happens after it expire in six weeks?  Will it be replaced by a new
> > key, or will the expiration date simply be changed?
> >
> > 3. If the old key 363CCD95 is not used anymore, is there any reasons
> > for not revoking it?
>
> 4. Why is 363CCD95 on keyring.debian.org but F2E861A3 isn't?

There is an outstanding RT ticket (#353) open for removing 363CCD95 from
keyring.debian.org. I have asked for a revocation certificate for it if
it's no longer in use and if a newer key should be included, but
received no reply so have made no changes.

J.

--
Web [       Reality is for people with no grasp of fantasy.        ]
site: http:// [                                          ]       Made by