Re: apt-get not upgrading kernel

Hi!

* Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> [080912 10:49]:
> > I have 2 system on slicehost running debian. apt-get update and apt-get
> > upgrade has not been upgrading my kernel. It has been upgrading other
> > packages.
> >
> > Kernel remains as : 2.6.18-xen #1 SMP Tue Feb 12 06:40:50 UTC 2008 x86_64
>                       ^^^^^^
> The latest kernel related DSA (1636) only affected the 2.6.24 kernel shipped
> with Etch-and-a-half.

A small clarification about my mail:

What I inteded to say was, that with the latest kernel related DSA
(1636) only new packages for 2.6.24 kernels where released, so one
shouldn't wonder why no new kernels are installed when not using the
etch-and-a-half one.

Sorry, if I wasn't clear in my first mail.

See my other mail for the current status of the Kernels as seen by a non
kernel team and non security team member.

Best Regards,
  Alexander