Re: What to do about SSH brute force attempts?

Hi,

* use a Firewall to prevent other IP address to connect to your ssh
service. restrict just to yours (iptables script can be easy to find on
the web)
* use Fail2ban which can ban ssh auth failure and create iptables rules.
(google can help your search about fail2ban)
Third use a non standart ssh port (for example 2222) apt-get install fail2ban

Have a nice day,

Greg